October 10th, 2020 | 11 am to 12:30 pm (last 15 min is for Q&A)
With Kat Tison
In this workshop, we will:
- Break down the most common yoga postures to build the confidence to progress to all-levels classes
- Introduce breathing techniques and synchronize breath to movement
- Understand the safety of alignment
- Learn the major muscles used in key poses
- Explore the physical and mental benefits of yoga
- Demonstrate use of props and posture modifications
- Learn the basic language of yoga that is often used in class
The workshop will be followed by a 6-week beginner series, which you may or not opt to take. If you decide to continue, you’ll get a deeply discounted price after the workshop. The series will start Sunday, October 11th at 5 pm and will be offered via zoom.
More about Kat Tison:
Kat stepped onto the mat for the first time in 2012 in a college yoga class and was immediately drawn to the mindfulness and beauty of the practice. In the years that followed, she developed a deep passion for yoga and became inspired to teach.
Her classes are challenging and accessible combined with a mindful connection to the breath. She aims to lead classes that are rooted in yogic philosophy and alignment while also maintaining the joy and lightheartedness within the practice.
Kat received her 200 Hour RYT certification through the Powerflow School of Yoga under the instruction of Stacey Bell and Carrie Parker Gastelu.